If you’re ready for an in-depth revision of a draft, our line editing service can provide everything from content evaluation to grammar fine-tuning.
Best For: Writers who have finished a draft and are ready to move into the first round of major revisions.
What’s Included: Applying the Chicago Manual of Style, this level of editing looks at all aspects of the manuscript, including the writing itself and the content it presents. An editor will offer input on your manuscript for:
- Typographical errors such as misspelling, misuse of punctuation, or wrong word usage
- Proper grammar usage, including subject-verb agreement, sentence structure, etc.
- Readability, flow, and clarity of language
- Content such as character development, pacing, plot structure, or organization
What’s Not Included: While the editor will point out where content needs improvement and may offer suggestions on how to make it better, they will not write the improved version for you.
Turnaround Time: 20 business days
- To purchase this service, run a word count on your document, divide that number by 1000, and round up to the nearest whole number to find your quantity. Example: For a 53,421-word manuscript, your quantity would be 54.
- Enter that quantity into the item field above and click "Add to Cart" to estimate your price and finalize your purchase.
- You must make one purchase per individual manuscript -- please don’t combine multiple manuscripts into a single purchase.
- After your purchase, you’ll upload a copy of your manuscript to our system, and our editor will begin the review process. Once your evaluation is complete, you’ll receive your evaluation in MS Word via an official Shut Up & Write email.