If you’re ready to call in the grammar police, we can help! Our copy editing service gives you a comprehensive, detailed look at grammar, spelling, usage, and other technical errors in your manuscript. Our editor will check your manuscript and send a version to you with in-line edits for grammar, style, and usage.
Best For: Writers with a draft that is ready to move to the polishing stage.
What’s Included: Applying the Chicago Manual of Style, an editor will check your manuscript for:
- Typographical errors such as misspelling, misuse of punctuation, or wrong word usage
- Proper grammar usage, including subject-verb agreement, sentence structure, etc.
- Readability, flow, and clarity of language
What’s Not Included: Our editor will not give any input on content such as character development, pacing, plot structure, or organization of information.
Turnaround Time: 15 business days
- To purchase this service, run a word count on your document, divide that number by 1000, and round up to the nearest whole number to find your quantity. Example: For a 53,421 word manuscript, your quantity would be 54.
- Enter that quantity into the item field above and click "Add to Cart" to estimate your price and finalize your purchase.
- You must make one purchase per individual manuscript -- please don’t combine multiple manuscripts into a single purchase.
- After your purchase, you’ll upload a copy of your manuscript to our system, and our editor will begin the review process. Once your evaluation is complete, you’ll receive your evaluation in MS Word via an official Shut Up & Write email.